THE Blanket
Since Olivia was about 6 months old she became attached to this beautiful, soft pink Amy Coe blanket, given to her by Donna. She has slept with this blanket every single night and carried it with her everywhere. No other blanket would ever do....EVER! I used to think she was so precious when she would curl up in her crib with her blanket and suck her thumb. These days the blanket is definitely a darker shade of pink, covered in stains from a well-traveled toddler and does not seem as big as it used to. I'm sure she will have this blanket forever.
Then she discovered this quilt. It was made by my FSIL, Jenny...it's navy and red and has Olivia the Pig on it.
Oh the tears that were poured out because she wanted to carry both blankets with her to run errands one afternoon. It was one of her more, shall we say, passionate fits and luckily I had my camera near.
What's a mommy to do? I suppose she'll carry them both until they get too heavy. She's very determined.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Posted by allie nelson at 11:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I was a blanket baby...and I tried really hard to not let Kaitlyn get attached to something...and I kinda regret it....Caden just has to have a soft fleece blanket....so I feel your pain...the pictures were soooooooooooo cute though....you will love the blanket when the baby comes...it will give Olivia something to hang on to....
well, little chloe wren has a blanket and actually two... it will be okay! she is only little once!
BLANKIES ARE THE BEST!
Oh, I couldn't resist that sweet face, either!
Post a Comment