Our office here at the courthouse now has official hours 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. So if anyone needs to speak to the judge, call and make an appointment. Hopefully, no one does. To be at work on time I have been getting up at 5:30 a.m. It takes me 30 minutes just to wake up. How in the world do you people get up and work out so early? Maybe I will evenutally get used to this.
Other news, it's official I'm finally a college graduate. Cheers to me!
On a sad note, my Nanny, is still battling cancer. She is staying in Amarillo at the rehab place. Due to the cancer she underwent surgery and now has a trach. The latest news is that her feeding tube (in her stomach) has become dislodged and they have to send her to the hospital to fix that. Yesterday, they had to give her a couple of blood transfusions, but she is a little more alert today. It is so hard for me to watch her struggle to breathe or to see the fear in her eyes if her oxygen falls off even for a minute. It is unreal to think just a few months ago she was helping me with Olivia and driving me crazy with all of her "nanny ways" that we have grown to love. I have been so blessed to have gone this long without having to experience this wicked disease called cancer. You get to see someone's spirit when they are thrown into this battle and it truly is a battle. She has been nothing short of a fighter. Her will to live surpasses any sadness or hopelessness that we might feel. If only I could take some of her pain away.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Posted by allie nelson at 3:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment