Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The other night I asked Olivia if she wanted to sleep with Mommy. She said yes and we get ready for bed. We lay in there for about 15 minutes and then she said, "Can I go get in my bed?" What child doesn't want to sleep in bed with Mommy and Daddy? I guess the one that's been sleeping in their own bed since they were 3 weeks old. I thought it was going to be such a treat for her....oh well, hope she likes her big bed as much as her crib.

____________________

In the mornings we get Olivia up and put her in our bed while she's "waking up." This morning I had my iPod playing and I asked her if she wanted to go eat breakfast and she said, "No, I want to listen to music." Music instead of breakfast?? Who is this child? She loves anything that relates to music and she has since she was about 6 months old. Everything from the theme song to her favorite cartoons, playing the piano at Mimi's or Gigi's, listening to Daddy play the guitar or dancing with Mommy. She can put on quite a show in our living room. We introduce her by saying, "Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight Olivia Reed will be performing some very special songs for you..." and she comes out from behind our curtains and does a set of about 5 songs - "Itsy, Bitsy Spider," "Twinkle, Twinkle," "The Alphabet Song," "Row, Row Row Your Boat" and "Jesus Loves Me." Now she is obsessed with The Little Mermaid so she throws in some Aw, Awww AWWWW song from the movie.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

That's so precious! You are a wonderful mommy! I love your blog!

Marci said...

How funny!! We need to get Olivia and Ella together...Olivia can sing and we will let Ella dance!! Your daughter is not alone in wanting to sleep in her own bed...Ella is the same way.

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

how sweet!!!!! i can just see her putting on a concert!!!!!

erik just wishes our kids that wanted to sleep in their own bed!!!!

Strong and Happy said...

That is so cute Tara!