Monday, December 29, 2008

The Holidays Part 1

For Thanksgiving this year we had Thanksgiving lunch at The Reed's. It was just us and Chris' mom and dad. We enjoyed a good meal and then watched the football game.

Here's my sweet baby boy asleep on Daddy's chest



Then it was off to my Mimi's to do the Christmas Exchange with The Buckley's. Last year we started each buying a gift card and then doing the White Elephant Gift Exchange with them and it's a lot of fun and a lot less stressful when buying gifts. Chris got a Walmart gift card and I for the 2nd year got a gift certificate to BALLYHOO...woo hoo!!!

Here's Liv in Lance's boots


My sweet cousin Bergan


On Friday morning early, early I made my way to Walmart to fight the crazies and buy some trees for Toys for Tots from ADO, my sorority. We saved lots of money and it was worth getting up early for.

Then when I got home we packed up the car and headed to Austin to see my Papa who has been living with my Aunt Connie since the end of June. He still can't talk or use his right arm, but he was so glad to see us and he did show off some of his walking skills he's been working on.

My cousin Tori with her mama, Aunt Connie


my cousin Tristen


Family picture....love the look on Jonah's face


My cousin Quana holding Jonah and her daughter Raegan


Aunt Connie and Papa


On the way home...we decided to take I-35 horrible mistake. I couldn't believe the traffic. I have never had to travel for Thanksgiving so I was in shock.....way too many people and wrecks. With 2 kids under two it was not a pleasant ride home.

Before the dreaded traffic on I-35

2 comments:

Nicole not Crooked said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas! Your children are beautiful, and I cannot believe that is Bergan--she was a baby last time I saw her! WOW! Have a Happy New Year.

TREY MORGAN said...

That Bergan is a cutie (inside and out). Too bad she's hooked up with bummer of a boyfriend! :)