Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Sometimes I can be a brutally honest person. Most of the time I am an open book to those that I am close to; however, I'm not close to very many people. This blog has presented a struggle for me in regards to how much to share. I don't lie or like to sugarcoat things so I just tell it like it is. On a blog I posted last week I felt like I shared way too much and some of you don't know me that well. I appreciated your sweet comments and knew that they were in the best interest of me....but that blog went in a direction that I had no intention of it going. After posting I honestly had inner turmoil....I thought I did not show my husband in the best light and I felt like it was unfair to him for me to post that blog without him being able to defend himself. I don't want to act like my marriage is peachy-keen 24/7 that's just not who I am...but I do want to share my heart completely while continuing to be respectful to my husband. More than anything I want this blog to be uplifting while still being able to share myself and my heart openly and honestly with you all!

4 comments:

Marci said...

That is one of my favorite things about you-your honesty. No one expects your marriage to be peachy keen. Just be you and keep blogging.

Amy said...

I struggled with knowing how much to share on my blog at first, too. As you can tell, I probably share WAY to much most of the time. I use my blog as an outlet, a scrapbook, AND a journal to track my prayers and how they are answered. I think that is important. Someday, you will be able to do the same.

I'm sorry I havn't made it to any of the studies. It seems like we have been out of town every weekend. Last week was small groups for our church.

I hope your summer is going well and that you have been able to just relax. Hope to see you soon!!

Fun Family Fitness said...

I am the same way...don't know how much to share about my family and our struggles. I don't want to come off as a negative person...but sometimes it is nice to just write it down and get it off your chest.. if you don't feel comfortable posting things...I recommend getting something to write your feeling dow in..... I am keeping up with the study...and really enjoying the book... it is making me think of more what I am doing and not doing...thanks for getting this started...hopefully I will be able to be there soon....take care of yourself...steph

Dawn Jenkins said...

It's hard being transparent (I have the same problem- you can ask my friends/Bible Study girls)...I've been worried for the last week about the comment I left on your last post. Please know that when I talk getting through the tough times in marriage (which everyone has regardless if they admit it or not) I am speaking from experience. Please continue to share what God leads you too b/c in your weakness He is strong- 2 Corin 12:9!!!