Wednesday, January 07, 2009

iheartdrpepper

I'm not a big fan of diets. I like life changes better....but boy are they soooo much harder. I'm going to give this new diet a try starting Monday. A friend of mine has done this particular one and assured me I will not have to be dependent on it for the rest of my life. What's it going to hurt? I just thought if I have to try one more article of clothing on that makes me want to cry or hear Chris jokingly ask, "Have you called Jenny yet?" I'm going to have a meltdown...haha not really, but I am ready to be back to my pre-pregancy weight.

The Biggest Loser has inspired me and I'm glad they are airing this season so soon after the last one. I'm also considering doing the contest at F3 this go round. We'll see. Until Monday though I'm thinking about drinking as many Dr. Peppers as I can. Why? Well, why not? They are sitting in my fridge and are going to be off limits with this new diet. Which makes me terribly sad and I wish it didn't....I love them so. Heck, even my web address is imaddictedtodrpepper so.........and maybe by drinking so many they will make me sick. Kinda like when a little boy (not a little girl....sugar and spice and everything nice) says a dirty word and his mama makes him say it 50 times...so much that it takes the fun out of it....or the young boy (again boy not girl) smokes a cigarette and the dad makes him smoke a whole pack.

I need to get the oil changed in my car. I hate doing this. My dad is was a mechanic for years so he always did this for me. I hate taking my car in myself because the guys make me feel dumb or act like they are too busy to get to my car. I just feel silly and I practically have to beg Chris to take it in. Maybe he'll have time before the weekend. I should just learn to change it myself. Oh wow. Not happening.

My cleaning lady is coming tonight. My brand new mop that I purchased 4 weeks ago is still sitting in my closet unopened. Won't she be proud? I have managed to vacuum and dust several times the past couple of weeks....among some other chores that I hate.

Have you heard of Flylady? If you're a dork like me and are interested in making your house a home, if you like organizing tips or have a thing for sticky notes check out Flylady's website it's very cool. Every few months I get completely obsessed with a website and right now I'm on a Flylady kick. On the website she has 28 BabySteps that you do to form these habits that will make your house sparkle. The first one is....Shine your sink...Chris came home a while back and I was shining my sink (at 11 o'clock...still prego) he thought I had lost my mind. I had the page pulled up but as soon as I heard his truck I ran into the living room to close the browser....but I didn't actually close it because soon I heard Chris say from the living room, "You need instructions on how to clean the sink?" Hahahaha I still laugh today thinking about that. I reply, "No, honey...this is shining your sink. Completely different. I don't want to miss any important steps."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't drink them........it just gonna be more calories to sweat off. get them out of your fridge. you can do it I know you can.

Helen Keller said...

i laughed so hard at your ranting... love it! don't drink them.. you have to work them off! i know you can do it! you just have to put the pedal to the metal! :)

Dawn Jenkins said...

I hear ya about the pre-pregnancy weight...it's been two years I think my grace period has worn off. I also love the Biggest Loser and I am also on a diet/get-in-shape b/c I feel 50 kick. I really enjoyed your Monday post...you are hilarious.

Sharon said...

You're hilarious! What's the diet? I changed to tea about six months ago and now i have to have my iced tea from Sonic daily. Try it! Fewer calories, same great caffeine fix! Plus, it's better than water -yuck!

Marci said...

You know how I feel about DP...I don't give them up for anything...especially vanilla ones. I know about the oil change thing...I need mine changed and Pop is out of commission for a while, so I have to take mine in, maybe Ryan will do it?

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

you crack me up!!!!

i gotta check out this flylady!! i need all the help i can get around my house!!!!

TREY MORGAN said...

I think you and my wife could use Dr.P AA. Ha.

Nicole not Crooked said...

Giving up good old Dr. Pepper, huh? I have done the same with chocolate before--make myself sick with it before I diet. I just had a chocolate and vanilla ice cream bar if that says anything (not to be discouraging--you can do it!) Also, you post from Monday totally helped me out today. Instead of going to the grocery store, I stopped at the Dollar Store for ice cream--Thanks! Hope your diet works out for you!